Who We AreOur Vision is… To be a contagious church whose love for God is so authentic, whose people are so genuinely friendly, and who’s zest for life so vibrantly alive that people are naturally drawn to her doors,,,
Abundant Life Church is one church in three locations. At whichever campus you choose to visit, you will find a casual and friendly atmosphere where you can come as you are! Abundant Life Church is a non-denominational Christian community of imperfect people who are seeking to understand and live out the teachings of Jesus Christ.
We say “come as you are” because that’s the way Jesus accepts us. We say “don’t stay that way” because none of us have arrived and we all have room to grow and change on this journey of becoming more like Christ.
“Reaching as many people as possible for Jesus Christ –
Loving God, Loving People, Loving Life.”
Jesus summarized all of the commandments into two and He said the first and most important one is to love God. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:30) This means to honor God in every area of our life. We say loving God is reaching up.
Jesus said the second most important commandment was loving people. In Mark 12:31 he said “…Love your neighbor as yourself.” We best express love for people as we serve them through ministry and share with them the Good News about Jesus. We express love with our actions and with our words. We say loving people is reaching out.
The Christian life is all about relationships. Loving God and loving people are the two foundational principles upon which everything else is built and it is the key to the third part of our mission statement – loving life. Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.” (John 10:10) “To the full” means to bring something to full realization. Loving life is the natural result of loving God and loving people. This is a life-long process of growing in Christ and understanding the principles found in His Word for living life. We say loving life is reaching in.
Our Vision is…
- To be a contagious church whose love for God is so authentic, whose people are so genuinely friendly, and who’s zest for life so vibrantly alive that people are naturally drawn to her doors.
- To be a growing church so enthusiastic for Christ and filled with faith that thousands are coming every week, buildings are continually bulging at the seams, and new and innovative ways are being discovered to penetrate this city and our world for Christ.
- To be a life-giving church where masks can be dropped, people can be real, and healing and wholeness can be found.
- To be a devoted church whose people have been consumed by God’s purposes and can do nothing less than serve with joyful attitudes, give with sacrificial hearts, and tell the Good News with eager enthusiasm.
- To be a heart transforming church where worship of God is not a service but an experience, and His message more than spoken, but visualized through creative, technological, and artistic expression.
- To be a sending church raising up men and women excited for God, enthusiastic for ministry, and devoted to going wherever He may lead, be it here at home or to the farthest reaches of the earth.
What We Value
The unchanging message is communicated in creative and compelling ways to serve seekers and build believers. We protect the health and unity of our church by balancing our purposes and biblical teachings. We say in essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love.
A Culture of Grace
All people are accepted as they are because that’s the way God accepts us. In this environment, we cooperate with God to create a culture of acceptance where God’s grace can change hearts. We will strive to create a climate where people feel secure physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
The Christian life is about Intimacy with God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and grace-filled, honesty with one another.
Life Changing Community
Spiritual growth, care and friendship happens best in the context of being connected to others.
God has gifted each to serve in areas that compliment their greatest potential to be effective and fulfilled. Our heart is to help each to find their place to serve. We give our best efforts in everything we do because it honors God and inspires people.