Children’s Ministries Coordinator – Vancouver Campus
The role of the Vancouver campus Children’s Ministries Coordinator at Abundant Life Church is first and foremost, to have a heart of service for Christ and support the church’s mission of, “Reaching as many people as possible for Jesus Christ; Loving God, Loving People, Loving Life.” This position is a member of the Vancouver Campus staff, reports to the Pastor of Vancouver Campus and leads all campus children’s ministries activities and volunteers.
- Demonstrates a growing, positive relationship as a Christ follower
- Experience in Children’s Ministry
- Education: High School diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills and abilities to use such programs as Microsoft Office and church database software system (volunteer/children check-in system)
- Aids the Campus Pastor in developing and implementing children’s ministry objectives, programming, goals, and strategies
- Implements events and steps moving students in a specific and communicated direction in their spiritual growth
- Actively recruits, trains, schedules, equips, and develops volunteers
- Coordinates with the Pastor of Family Ministries for children’s ministries, programming, curriculum, and events
- Ensures appropriate curriculum and classroom supplies are available for programming and that the rooms are clean, organized and safe
- Works with Campus Administrative assistant to create announcements, letters and communications material
- Coordinates facilities use for all children’s ministry programs
- Serves as a resource to those involved in family ministries
- Other activities as assigned by the Campus Pastor
- Spends quality time in daily prayer and Bible study, strives for Christ-like love in all things, and demonstrates a lifestyle of personal evangelism and discipleship
- Maintains regular contact with volunteers
- Complies with Abundant Life Church policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- If available, participates in staff chapels, meetings, retreats, and events as required by supervisor
- Provides excellent customer service to fellow staff, the church body, volunteers and the community
This is a part-time, hourly position, approximately 10-15 hours per week – wage TBD based on experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this position and the level of work performed by the employee in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.